Wednesday 30 May 2012

Big Grumpy Monsters

So for my return to Blood Bowl I wanted to make a team I'd never fielded before.  I've always been a big fan of Norse mythology so I decided to go with a Norse team and after a couple of games with them on Cyanide, I found I really liked their play-style.  But I love modelling and wanted to play some real life games so I had to get on with converting a team at some point.

Oddly enough, the first player I started converting was this guy, my Yeti.  He's made completely from scratch out of green stuff and wire and it's been a pleasure creating him.  Progress has slowed a little as I'm a bit apprehensive about the finer details and the hands but I'm happy with how he looks so far.

I want to hug him, and pet him, and call him GRENDEL!

This was my first ever foray into the world of scratch-building models (I've only ever filled in gaps before!) so it's been a test of my skill and patience, but I'm glad I did it.  When he's finished, I'll have a unique Yeti that no one else will have.  He is a little on the large side due to a mathematical error I made in the planning stage but he'll be fine.

This next guy isn't part of the project but he may well be part of the team some day.  He's a model that I used to use as a werewolf in my Von Carstein army (remember when those were legal?).  Well, the Von Carstein army was sold on eBay a long time ago but I found this guy hiding in a drawer at my dad's house.  And I sure am glad he was because I really like him.  He's too big to be a Norse Werewolf outright but would look great as a ST5 werewolf if luck is ever on my side!


And that's all for now folks!  I'm working on some basic Norse positionals so I guess next time I see you I'll show you some progress on them.  Cheers for reading.



3 comments:

  1. I'd use him as an Ulfwerner anwyay, just to scare the opposition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the psychological gameplay!

      Delete
    2. I've never played against a Chaos Pact team but I imagine facing 3 hulking monsters would be a bit daunting! Which is why I built a Khemri team of course, so I could have four of them :-)

      http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/terracotta-tearers.html

      Delete