Sunday 27 May 2012

Welcome to Fitch Face's modelling blog!

Hullo and welcome to my modelling blog!  To start here's just a quick snippet about me:

My start in wargames came in 2000 when I picked up a box of Ork Boyz in a dingy old hobby shop.  This was the tip of the iceberg and I amassed a huge collection of miniatures.  I tried out almost all of Games Workshop's games but mostly stuck to Warhammer Fantasy and developed a particular love of greenskins.  I had a really great time in the hobby but little boys do grow up and at the age of 14 I decided to quit.  I sold most of my miniatures and set about being a booze-hound and trying to get a girlfriend.

Almost 8 years later, here I am getting back into Blood Bowl.

But why Blood Bowl!?

  1. You don't need many models.  It's cheap and easy to get a legal team on the pitch.  You can feasibly convert all the models to create something unique.
  2. Blood Bowl has retained its goofy charm where Warhammer and 40K haven't.  Probably because Games Workshop all but abandoned Blood Bowl before they got all serious.
  3. The Blood Bowl community is amazing.  Such a passionate, friendly and helpful group of gamers I ne'er did see!
  4. It's just so damn fun!
So, most of what you see here will probably be Blood Bowl related.  I may start playing other games at some point but I have enough on my plate for now.

Hope ya enjoy the blog!
Fitch-Face

No comments:

Post a Comment